The DBA programme is a five-year executive doctoral programme, split into a learning stage (year 1) and a research stage (year 2 to 5). The learning stage aims to build up participants’ research capability and leads to a formal progress assessment that gives access to the research stage, in which they further develop their doctoral assignments and PhD thesis. Throughout the whole programme participants also need to engage in the academic and broader community by taking part in relevant academic, professional and business conferences and activities.
The research stage results in a doctoral thesis that meets international academic standards, contributes to original knowledge and enhances management practice. The doctoral thesis needs to be defended in public at one of the partner universities. The DBA programme is completed with the successful defence of the doctoral thesis, resulting in a joint PhD degree (PhD in Business Administration) from Ghent University and KU Leuven.
|Accreditations||AMBA AACSB EQUIS|
We accept applications on a rolling basis.
To be eligible for the DBA programme, candidates need:
• At least 10 years of managerial experience, including a period at executive level
• To prove the necessary intellectual capability to engage in a doctoral journey. A GMAT/GRE is required (exemptions are possible)
• To proof fluency in English (exemptions are possible)
• To show motivation for a doctoral track
• To submit an initial research idea